Harrell, Pope Among ‘Friday Night Fights’ Victors At Fayetteville Motor Speedwayby Press Release June 29, 2019 0 comments
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. – Shaun Harrell of Gray’s Creek won Late Model and Dunn’s Ron Pope captured the King of the Sportsman Series’ $750 first prize in Round One of three “Friday Night Fights” events hosted by Fayetteville Motor Speedway.
Harrell was the polesitter for the Late Model feature, but lost the point to fellow front-row starter Matthew Bissette at the outset. Bissette showed the way until he suffered a flat tire with three laps to go, and Harrell rolled on to victory over Timmy Blackwell and Dean Bowen.
Pope dominated the Sportsman special with David Royal second and Donnie Odom third.
Other class winners were: Daniel Parker in Diet Mountain Dew Modified; Patrick Arch in Super Stock 4; Brandon Carter in Renegades; Daniel Ridenhour in Legends; Eric Bentley in SportModz, and Kyle Jenks in Stingerz.
Action returns to the 4/10ths-mile track July 12-13 with a double-points, $5,000-to-win, SCDRA-sanctioned feature for the Stingerz competitors. The Late Model, Modified, Sportsman, Renegades, Super Stock 4 and Legends classes will also be in action during the weekend.
FAYETTEVILLE MOTOR SPEEDWAYFRIDAY’S RESULTS:
- Shaun Harrell, 2. Timmy Blackwell, 3. Dean Bowen, 4. Ethan Wilson, 5. Jimmy Ray, 6. Matthew Bissette, 7. Randy Guyton, 8. Shaun Sewell, 9. Dustin Mitchell, 10. Brian Strickland
Diet Mountain Dew Modified
- Daniel Parker, 2. Christian Thomas, 3. Will Long, 4. John Marshall, 5. Ryan Toole, 6. David Taylor, 7. Wayne Gray Jr., 8. Stephen Pedulla, 9. Mark Prince, 10. Eddie Bullard, 11. Timmy Carroll, 12. Randy Lucas, 13. Robbie Turner, 14. Mack Coxe
Super Stock 4
- Patrick Arch, 2. Carl Currin, 3. Jason Horne, 4. Kevin Weatherford, 5. James Manning, 6. Chris Weatherford, 7. Skip Whisnant, 8. Cody Keith, 9. Damien Bryant, 10. Eric Hill, 11. Jason Dickerson, 12. Charles Hansen
- Brandon Carter, 2. Daniel Johnson, 3. Martin Sweatt, 4. Michael Butler, 5. Rick Razillard, 6. Ricky Bledsoe, 7. Terry Sharp, 8. Ian Ogden, 9. Case Daniels, 10. Tom Lovett
- Daniel Ridenhour, 2. Tim Neighbors, 3. Mason Ford, 4. Billy Gomez, 5. Tyler Kussman, 6. Eddie Daniels, 7. Joseph Sanoske, 8. Ryan Shabram, 9. Ronnie Long, 10. Daniel Adam, 11. Scott Neighbors, 12. Joe Adam, 13. Tristen Stephenson, 14. Joshua Sanoske
- Ron Pope, 2. David Royal, 3. Donnie Odom, 3. Tony Bunnell, 5. Benji Thompson, 6. Jonathan Hardee, 7. Doug Penny
- Eric Bentley, 2. Josh Fields, 3. Jerry Dove, 4. A.J. Belanger
- Kyle Jenks, 2. Robert Pfouts, 3. Jerry Johnson Jr., 4. Tommy Hales, 5. Daniel Stephenson, 6. Abe Woodard, 7. Anthony Yarborough
Source/Photo Credit: Fayetteville Motor Speedway