Damp Track Hands O’Reilly Auto Parts Challenge Pole to Austin Dillonby Kyle Pokrefky November 7, 2015 0 comments
Overnight rains at Texas Motor Speedway left the mile-and-a-half track in a dampened condition on Saturday morning as XFINITY Series qualifying had to be cancelled due to track crews continuing to fight ‘weepers’ on the racing surface.
With qualifying for today’s O’Reilly Auto Parts Challenge being rained out, the starting lineup for the race has been set by Friday practice speeds, placing Austin Dillon on the pole.
Joining the driver of the No. 33 Rheem Chevrolet on the front row for today’s race will be Team Penske’s Brad Keselowski.
Rounding out the top-10 of today’s starting grid will be Erik Jones, Regan Smith, Daniel Suarez, Kyle Busch, Darrell Wallace Jr., Kevin Harvick, Ty Dillon and Chase Elliott.
Points leader and hometown hero Chris Buescher will start the race from the 12th position.
With 40 drivers entered for the weekend’s race, no driver was sent home following the cancellation of qualifying.
The O’Reilly Auto Parts Challenge is scheduled for a 3:30 p.m ET / 2:30 p.m CT start time and will be broadcast live on NBCSN and MRN.
Top-10 Starters for the O’Reilly Auto Parts Challenge
- 33 – Austin Dillon(i) – Chevrolet – Richard Childress Racing
- 22 – Brad Keselowski(i) – Ford – Team Penske
- 20 – Erik Jones(i) – Toyota – Joe Gibbs Racing
- 7 – Regan Smith – Chevrolet – JR Motorsports
- 18 – Daniel Suarez# – Toyota – Joe Gibbs Racing
- 54 – Kyle Busch(i) – Toyota – Joe Gibbs Racing
- 6 – Darrell Wallace Jr# – Ford – Roush Fenway Racing
- 88 – Kevin Harvick(i) – Chevrolet – JR Motorsports
- 3 – Ty Dillon – Chevrolet – Richard Childress Racing
- 9 – Chase Elliott – Chevrolet – JR Motorsports
# = Rookie, (i) = Ineligible for NASCAR XFINITY Series points.
Photo Credit: Jeff Zelevansky/NASCAR via Getty Images