Mason Mitchell Wins at Kansas as Grant Enfinger Seals Up ARCA Titleby Kyle Pokrefky October 17, 2015 0 comments
KANSAS CITY, Kans. — One year after hoisting the ARCA championship hardware over his head at Kansas Speedway as the series champion, Mason Mitchell found himself lifting a different trophy in the series’s season finale as he celebrated a race win in the Full Throttle S’loonshine 98.9
Running a part-time schedule for family-owned Mason Mitchell Motorsports this year, the defending series champion took home his second race win of the season in what was his sixth start of the 2015 campaign.
While he celebrated his third career series win, the runner-up to his championship effort from last year, Grant Enfinger, collected the big prize as he officially was crowned the 2015 ARCA Racing Series champion.
Enfinger’s championship-winning effort was capped off with a third-place finish in the 99-lap race and served as his 13th top-five of the season.
The driver of the No. 23 GMS Racing Chevrolet will officially end 2015 with six race wins (Daytona, Mobile, Nashville, Berlin, DuQuoin, Salem-2) and with an average finish of 6.5.
Coming across the finish line at Kansas in the second position was Kyle Weatherman, who will officially lock up SCOTT Rookie of the Year honors for Cunningham Motorsports. Weatherman, a development driver for Roush Fenway Racing, will complete his 2015 campaign one race win (New Jersey), 10 top-fives and 13 top-10s.
Rounding out the top-10 in the finishing order were Ryan Reed, John Wes Townley, Travis Braden, Tom Hessert, David Levine, Matt Kurzejewski and Jairo Avila.
With his ninth-place finish, Kurzejewski secured ARCA’s Hoosier Superspeedway Challenge for his K-Automotive team.
Top-10 Finishers of the Full Throttle S’loonshine 98.9
- 78 – Mason Mitchell – Chevrolet – Mason Mitchell Motorsports
- 22 – Kyle Weatherman – Dodge – Cunningham Motorsports
- 23 – Grant Enfinger – Chevrolet – GMS Racing
- 38 – Ryan Reed – Ford – Lira Motorsports
- 88 – John Wes Townley – Chevrolet – Mason Mitchell Motorsports
- 01 – Travis Braden – Chevrolet – Travis Braden
- 77 – Tom Hessert – Dodge – Cunningham Motorsports
- 59 – David Levine – Ford – Lira Motorsports
- 54 – Matt Kurzejewski – Chevrolet – K-Automotive
- 38 – Jairo Avila – Ford – Lira Motorsports
Photo Credit: ARCAracing.com