UNOH 225 Qualifying Rained Outby Kyle Pokrefky July 9, 2015 0 comments
SPARTA, Ky. — More than three hours before it was scheduled to commence, NASCAR has pulled the plug on qualifying for tonight’s Camping World Truck Series event – the UNOH 225 at Kentucky Speedway.
With drivers yet to take to the track for practice for the event, the starting grid for tonight’s race will be set by owner points – placing championship leader Matt Crafton P1 on the grid.
With 31 trucks entered for the weekend, no driver was sent home with the cancellation of qualifying.
Had qualifying went green, the Camping World Truck Series was to have completed qualifying with a newer format that would have sent trucks onto the track one at a time to complete a single timed lap.
The top-12 trucks on the speed chart after Q1 would have then advanced onto Q2 – the final round of qualifying to determine the pole-winner for tonight’s 150-lap race.
Tonight’s UNOH 225 is scheduled for a 7:30 p.m ET start and will be broadcast on FOX Sports 1 and MRN.
Top-10 Starters for the UNOH 225
- 88 – Matt Crafton – Toyota – ThorSport Racing
- 19 – Tyler Reddick – Ford – Brad Keselowski Racing
- 4 – Erik Jones# – Toyota – Kyle Busch Motorsports
- 51 – Daniel Suarez(i) – Toyota – Kyle Busch Motorsports
- 98 – Johnny Sauter – Toyota – ThorSport Racing
- 29 – Ryan Blaney(i) – Ford – Brad Keselowski Racing
- 05 – John Wes Townley – Chevrolet – Athenian Motorsports
- 23 – Spencer Gallagher# – Chevrolet – GMS Racing
- 33 – Brandon Jones# – Chevrolet – GMS Racing
- 17 – Timothy Peters – Toyota – Red Horse Racing
# = Rookie, (i) = Ineligible for NASCAR Camping World Truck Series points.
FOLLOW KYLE on TWITTER: @KPokrefky
PHOTO CREDIT: Daniel Shirey/NASCAR via Getty Images