Salem Practice/Qualifying Rained Out, Grid Set by ’14 Owners Pointsby Kyle Pokrefky April 25, 2015 0 comments
Photo credit: Kyle Pokrefky/The Fourth Turn
SALEM, In. — Rain put a damper on the ARCA Racing Series’s Saturday plans at Salem Speedway as precipitation forced series officials to cancel two practice sessions and qualifying for the Federated Auto Parts 200.
The 26-car field for the fourth ARCA event of the season was unable to take to the track at any point on Saturday as rain periodically interrupted track drying attempts through the morning and afternoon.
As stated in the ARCA rulebook, the field for the Federated Auto Parts 200 will line up in order of last year’s owner points – placing Austin Wayne Self in position number one for the start of tomorrow’s race.
Rounding out the top-10 on the starting grid for tomorrow will be Grant Enfinger, Tom Hessert, Frankie Kimmel, Thomas Praytor, Ken Schrader, Brandon Jones, Dominic Ursetta, Kyle Weatherman and Will Kimmel.
ARCA will provide drivers a chance to practice on the half-mile speedway in a 30-minute session scheduled to take place at 9:30 a.m ET.
The 200-lap race is still set for a 2:15 p.m ET start time.
Top-10 Starters for the Federated Auto Parts 200
- 98 – Austin Wayne Self – Ford – Mason Mitchell Motorsports
- 23 – Grant Enfinger – Chevrolet – GMS Racing
- 77 – Tom Hessert – Ford – Cunningham Motorsports
- 15 – Frankie Kimmel – Toyota – Venturini Motorsports
- 9 – Thomas Praytor – Ford – Max Force Racing
- 52 – Ken Schrader – Chevrolet – Ken Schrader Racing
- 25 – Brandon Jones – Toyota – Venturini Motorsports
- 55 – Dominic Ursetta – Toyota – Venturini Motorsports
- 22 – Kyle Weatherman – Ford – Cunningham Motorsports
- 69 – Will Kimmel – Ford – Kimmel Racing
Follow Kyle Pokrefky on Twitter at @KPokrefky