ARCA Mobile 200’s Friday Practice/Qualifying Rained Outby Kyle Pokrefky March 13, 2015 0 comments
Photo credit: arcaracing.com
MOBILE, Ala. — Practice and qualifying for the ARCA Mobile 200 were rained out after rain showers held the ARCA Racing Series from putting cars out on the half-mile speedway today.
As a result of qualifying being rained out, the 25-driver starting grid for tomorrow’s 200-lap race will be set by 2014 owner points, placing Mason Mitchell Motorsports’s Austin Wayne Self in starting position number one for the race.
Lucas Oil 200 winner and two-time defending ARCA Mobile 200 race winner Grant Enfinger will start on the outside of the front row while Tom Hessert, Thomas Praytor, Matt Tifft, Brandon Jones, Dominic Ursetta, Kyle Weatherman, Will Kimmel, and Allen Milton will make up the rest of the top-10 of the starting grid.
As both practice sessions were rained out for the ARCA Racing Series, ARCA officials have provided teams with a 30-minute practice session on Saturday morning before the race.
Top-10 Starters for the ARCA Mobile 200
- 98 – Austin Wayne Self – Ford – Mason Mitchell Motorsports
- 23 – Grant Enfinger – Chevrolet – GMS Racing
- 77 – Tom Hessert – Ford – Cunningham Motorsports
- 9 – Thomas Praytor – Ford – Max Force Racing
- 52 – Matt Tifft – Chevrolet – Ken Schrader Racing
- 25 – Brandon Jones – Toyota – Venturini Motorsports
- 55 – Dominic Ursetta – Toyota – Venturini Motorsports
- 22 – Kyle Weatherman – Dodge – Cunningham Motorsports
- 69 – Will Kimmel – Ford – Kimmel Racing
- 3 – Allen Milton – Chevrolet – Hixson Motorsports