Blogs

Trevor Bayne To Compete Full-Time In 2015 Sprint Cup Series Season For Roush Fenway Racing

Trevor Bayne To Compete Full-Time In 2015 Sprint Cup Series Season For Roush Fenway Racing

by May 24, 2014 0 comments

CONCORD, NC – Roush Fenway Racing announced Saturday morning at Charlotte Motor Speedway that Trevor Bayne will pilot the No. 6 AdvoCare Ford Fusion full-time during the 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.

Bayne currently runs full-time for Roush Fenway Racing in the NASCAR Nationwide Series. He joined the team late in the 2010 season after departing from Michael Waltrip Racing. Since then, he has amassed two wins in the NASCAR Nationwide Series, the first coming at Texas Motor Speedway in 2011 and the second was during the season opener at Daytona International Speedway last season.

“This is obviously the biggest news I’ve ever had in my life,” Bayne said. “Although we’ve had some big news before, this takes the cake. I’m really excited to be sitting up here beside Jack Roush and Mike Vaught from AdvoCare. This is a huge opportunity for me to be able to drive the 6 car with a full-time sponsor like AdvoCare, but I could have never done all of this without the people who have been behind me.”

AdvoCare has been sponsoring the Labor Day, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series event at Atlanta Motor Speedway, as well as teams, such as Richard Childress Racing and Leavine Family Racing. However, this season is the first time AdvoCare has joined Trevor Bayne and the Roush Fenway Racing team full-time in the NASCAR Nationwide Series. Trevor Bayne has finished within the top-10 in eight of the first 10 races. His best was third at Daytona.

“This is something I’ve waited on since I was five years old, always wondering what car would I be in with what brand,” Bayne said. “When you think about Jeff Gordon, the 24 and Dupont, I was a big fan of that as a kid and the older I got the more the economy changed and the less and less it looked like I would have one sponsor to be behind me for a full season. Now I can gladly say I know what that brand is gonna be for me. It’s AdvoCare.

“I look forward to a long relationship with them,” Bayne said. “This company has been incredible for me this season, getting to know the people behind the brand, getting to know what the brand stands for, and getting to know their product this year with all the training that I’ve done being in the race car. It’s just one of the best companies you could ever ask for to represent and to represent you.”

Bayne who won the 2011 Daytona 500 for Wood Brothers Racing has been competing for the iconic No. 21 team since 2010. However, the only top-five he has been able to capture is the win at Daytona. Keep in mind the team only operates on a part-time schedule, but with Bayne about to reach his mid-20’s, it’s go time if he wants a full-time ride.

“It’s been such a ride with the 21 guys, and they’ve become part of the family, and I’ve become part of their family,” Bayne said. “That was the thing, you think about the history that we’ve had together over the last three, four years and it’s always hard to make changes, but this is such a great change and, really, just their support is really what made me almost want to tear up because they’re telling me how much they’re behind me and how much they’ve appreciated what we’ve done.

“I was actually standing beside the trailer talking to them and they pointed up to the Daytona 500 sticker and said ‘that’s one thing that will never change right there is you got your first one here. I don’t care if you get 25 more, this was your first one and we’re so glad we were able to be a part of it.’ So just to have that almost family-like support from them is incredible.”

As for Roush Fenway Racing who currently houses the No. 16 of Greg Biffle, No. 17 of Ricky Stenhouse Jr. and the No. 99 of Carl Edwards expanding to a fourth car, well, Jack Roush certainly didn’t confirm or deny.

“Our plans for 2015 are still in a state of flux,” car owner, Jack Roush said. “Certainly the fact we’ve taken the No. 6 indicates that we have our plans open for a fourth car, but it’s still in a state of flux. We’ll have more to announce on that later.”

Hunter Thomas
Hunter Thomas is a journalist who grew up in Darlington, S.C. His first motorsports-based endeavor was working as the Public Relations Director at Dillon Motor Speedway in Dillon, S.C., and his journalism start came while he was freelancing at his hometown newspaper, the News & Press while in college.

Hunter has been working within the NASCAR industry since 2010, and throughout the years, he has done everything from PR/Marketing for drivers and teams in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, NASCAR XFINITY Series and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, to working at Rockingham Speedway. As a journalist, Hunter has covered everything from regional short tracks to NASCAR, ARCA Racing Series, World of Outlaws, Red Bull Global Rallycross, NHRA and much more.

Follow Hunter Thomas on Twitter by following, @HunterThomas08

No Comments so far

Jump into a conversation

No Comments Yet!

You can be the one to start a conversation.

Leave a Comment